On 25 May 2018, a new European Union (EU) data protection law – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – takes effect. The GDPR gives individuals in the EU more control over how their data is used and places certain obligations on businesses that process this information.
Elan Skincare is committed to protecting your personal data.
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Elan Skincare entity with which you are interacting as detailed above
- ‘the site’ means the Elan Skincare website you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for updates, or visiting our site.
Elan Skincare Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Postal address: FAO Data Protection Officer, Elan Skincare Ltd, 73 Dairsie Road, SE9 1XN, London, UK
Email address: email@example.com
INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS, USE, COLLECT OR STORE ABOUT YOU
Elan Skincare does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access the site, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, or by using an electronic form. This information includes your name and email address and will only be used to provide the information you have requested.
Information we may process, use, collect, and store about you:
We may process, use, collect, and store any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, emails, telephone calls, or personal interactions.
We may process and use information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, and referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views, which pages you viewed and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. We have identified web analytics as a legitimate interest in our business, and allow us to meet your needs as a customer better.
Information we do not process, collect, use, and store:
- Special categories of personal data: race, ethnicity, religious, political beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, information about your health, genetic or biometric data, criminal convictions, and offences.
- Children’s personal data
THE APPLICABLE LEGAL BASIS
By specifically requesting information from us, you are consenting to us using your personal data for the purposes of communicating such information to you.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to perform a contract, we have entered with you;
- where we receive consent to process personal data for a specific purpose, e.g. provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligation;
- necessary for our legitimate interests ( to study customers’ preferences, to develop new products to meet your needs and grow our business);
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We do not sell or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes. Your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties, unless as required by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, accessed, used, or disclosed.
The transmission of information over the internet can be insecure. Although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, we cannot always guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with the information that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
By law, and for tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to:
- Please request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you by asking in writing to Elan Skincare.
- Contact Elan Skincare if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact Elan Skincare to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact Elan Skincare to request restriction of processing your personal data or to delete it.
- To complain with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the UK, the relevant authority is the Information Commissioners Office; you can find their details at ico.org.uk. We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
TIME TO RESPOND
We shall endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within four weeks. If your request is particularly complex, it may take us longer. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND CONTRIBUTORS
Elan Skincare web site uses 'Cookies'. Cookies are small files of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Typically, they contain two pieces of information: a site name and a unique user ID. You can easily disable cookies in your internet browser. However, they do allow you to take full advantage of the website and ensure the shopping operation runs smoothly. For instance, they enable the shopping basket system to store the items that are in your basket or recognise if you are logged in as a registered customer.
To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you opt-out of receiving communication from us, this will not apply to personal data you provided to us as a result of product purchase or any other transactions or interactions with us.